Digital Law Advisory
Succeeding in a digital world
Digital Data Privacy and Cybersecurity
The digital economy is data-driven. Violations of regulations may result in reputational damage and huge fines in areas like cloud computing, the Internet of Things, social media and big data analytics.
Compliant privacy practices are a key element of corporate governance and accountability. The concern about negative publicity is a key driver for organizations’ efforts to facilitate data protection compliance.
Digital Regulatory Law
Taxi, hotel and financial services regulations are illustrative examples where new digital and sharing economy business models collide with regulations. Digitalization often makes human work superfluous, and triggers specific employment law topics. The Digital Law team can help clients identify risk areas and plan proactively to meet the challenges of transformative change, encompassing the legal aspects of regulation in terms of the digital transformation both generally and specific to your sector.
Digital e-Commerce Law
In practice, digital’s ability to transcend borders is part of its appeal. However, laws are grounded in a world that is defined with borders, and within them, ever-changing laws concerning data privacy, trade, transactions, IP, crypto currencies and more. An organization’s digital platform is a bridge to its customers and, with it, an organization must confirm that it is not only compliant with e-commerce laws and regulations but also is protecting its interests as it contracts via its digital platform. Our integrated law and tax services are particularly critical as the tax and legal aspects of an online business are so entwined, and can help clients:
- Address consumer protection and competition laws as e-commerce capabilities develop and evolve
- Build the legal framework of an e-commerce business by drafting legal agreements for use online
- Protect digital intellectual property appropriately
- Facilitate compliance with global data privacy requirements for a digital business
- Advise on the contractual basis for contracting online, including preparation of user terms and conditions and use of digital signatures
- Assist with the contractual agreements required in order to get client’s digital premises off the ground – including software licenses, website design agreements and R&D agreements