The New Companies and Associations Code – What do you need to know?
On 28 February, Parliament approved the new Companies and Associations Code. The new provisions will enter into force as of 1 May 2019 for new companies established as from that date. With regard to existing companies, the mandatory provisions enter into force as of 1 January 2020.
The new Companies and Associations Code entails a true revolution that impacts your business directly. Regardless whether it concerns multinational companies, family-owned businesses, start-ups, scale-ups or listed companies, all entities are affected by the new code.
As a result of this landmark development, EY Law has the pleasure to invite you to one of its breakfast sessions. The most important changes will be explained on the basis of specific questions.
1. (When) do I have to take action?
2. Which legal form to choose?
3. What does the abolishment of share capital in the new BV mean?
4. How to distribute capital in the future?
5. What new possibilities does withdrawal as shareholders in the new BV offer?
6. How open or closed is the transfer of shares in the new BV?
7. Can shares now be issued in exchange for labor?
8. In what way can I organize my company’s board?
9. Is my liability as a director effectively limited?
10. Multiple voting rights and multiple profit rights: what are the opportunities?
11. How to maintain control over the family-owned business?
12. Do existing shareholders’ agreements remain valid?
13. Do the new corporate seat rules impact my company?
14. Does the new code affect my succession planning?
15. Can I continue working under the form of a cooperative company?
16. Does the new Code also have tax implications?
Ask your question here (please submit 3 working days in advance), and we will do our best to address this question as well.
Companies: Shareholders and directors of companies, corporate lawyers as well as everyone within a company that regularly deals with company law (tax directors, CFOs, compliance officers, …).
Associations: For directors and corporate lawyers of associations and foundations (non-profit sector), a separate session is planned on 17 May 2019 in our EY Diegem offices.
Agenda of the Seminar:
7:30 Reception and registration (incl. breakfast)
8:00 Start of Seminar
9:15 Q & A
9:30 End of Seminar
The number of participants is limited. Therefore, we kindly advise you to confirm your attendance as soon as possible.
Our English sessions:
- 23 April 2019 (focused on companies) in EY Diegem
- 17 May 2019 (focused on non-profit) in EY Diegem