Your responsibilities & activities
You will be part of the fast growing Tax team and provide high-quality legal services in relation to all aspects of Tax controversy. You will among others:
- Advise both Belgian and international clients active in various sectors on high-profile and challenging matters in various fields of taxation.
- Assist clients in their various contacts with the tax administration (e.g., during audits and/or tax dawn raids) and defend them before courts.
- Learn from the best and often directly work with a partner on the case.
- Work in a young and dynamic team that is people-oriented and attaches great importance to team spirit.
- Cooperate with colleagues from other teams on multi-disciplinary matters in an open and stimulating environment.
- Continue to learn and develop professional and soft skills through the Tax team’s knowhow meetings.
As a Tax controversy Lawyer
You will be part of a well-integrated and ambitious team that works on cross-departmental, national and international matters.
You hold a Master’s Degree from a Belgian university. An additional Belgian law degree (i.e., a specialization in tax law) or an additional foreign law degree is a plus.
You are a Belgian law qualified lawyer with 4 to maximum 6 years of relevant experience in tax controversy.
You are fluent in Dutch and/or French with excellent (written and oral) communication skills in English.
You have team spirit and you are dedicated, hands-on with a passion for tax law.
You are eager to work autonomously in a proactive and stimulating international environment.
You are a dynamic, client-focused and organized lawyer, with a strong drive for quality and the ability to work in a fast-moving and result-oriented environment.
You are interested in supporting business development activities to further develop the Tax practice.
EY Law makes a long-term commitment towards its lawyers. We offer a variety of interesting work and the opportunity to work effectively as a member of an international network of professional advisors (EY Law and EY) in an interdisciplinary way, both in Belgium and on an international level.
In addition to our attractive compensation package (including flexible working), you will be given room for personal development, while benefiting from the support of our EY and EY Law (international) network and offered ample opportunities to learn and grow in your role.
EY Law offers local and global training programs as well as professional training on communication, IT skills, management and business development skills.
You will contribute to business development and be encouraged to take initiatives in this respect.
You can apply by sending your CV and application letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org