Your responsibilities & activities
- You will be involved in complex and interesting (international) transactions and reorganizations, with direct contact with clients and stakeholders.
- You will be able to work with EY’s top tier transaction team (Strategy and Transactions and M&A tax) allowing you to further expand your knowledge in other domains of an M&A transaction.
- In addition to our attractive salary and benefits package, you will be given room for personal development, while benefiting from the support of our EY and EY Law network. You will also be offered ample opportunities to learn and grow in your role.
- You will alo have various internal and external training opportunities.
As a Senior M&A Lawyer
You will take the lead on several aspects of client files and advise both national and international corporate clients. Together with the team, you will support our clients within the framework of national and multi-jurisdictional M&A transactions. In this respect, you will be involved in all steps of the sale/acquisition process, i.e. from the deal structuring, the pre-contractual negotiations, the due diligence, as well as the drafting of all transaction documents, to the organization of signing and closing. You will act as a direct contact person for our clients and are expected to have excellent communication skills.
You have obtained a Master’s Degree in Law from a Belgian University, a specialization in corporate law or an LL.M is an asset.
– You have 5 to 7 years of relevant experience as an M&A lawyer.
– You are either a Dutch or French native speaker, with good written and oral communication skills in English along with working knowledge of French resp. Dutch.
– You are a dynamic, client-focused and organized lawyer, with a strong drive for quality and the ability to work in a fast-moving and result-oriented environment.
– You like working in a team and you are eager to learn new skills to become an even better lawyer.
You will be working in a law firm that stands at the forefront of innovation and is future-proof with its broad range of legal service offerings.
EY Law consists of more than 50 lawyers in Belgium and offers legal expertise in the following domains:
- Corporate and M&A law
- Non-profit law
- Commercial law
- Employment law
- Public law / Real estate law / Regulatory
- Digital law & Data Privacy
- Dispute resolution
- Tax controversy and Private wealth
You can apply by sending your CV and application letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org