Robbe has experience and a keen interest in the real estate sector. He is actively specializing in all aspects of real estate and construction law and advises on both real estate (sale, lease, rights in rem) and corporate real estate transactions (real estate due diligence, including town planning, soil pollution, asbestos, and other environmental aspects). Robbe has a broad experience across all classes of real estate. He also has experience in litigating before the Belgian courts and tribunals, as well as in alternative dispute resolution.
Expertise areaRobbe’s fields of expertise includes:
- Construction and real estate law;
- Environmental law;
- Corporate real estate (share deals) and asset deals;
- All forms of occupancy agreements;
- (Alternative) Dispute Resolution, Litigation
- All classes of real estate: offices, logistics, retail, residential, hotels, care homes, student accommodation, etc.
Additional informationRobbe is a lawyer and member of the Brussels’ Bar Association. He holds a Master of Laws (Universiteit Antwerpen) and did a specialized LL.M. in Notarial Law (Universiteit Gent). Robbe has close to two years of experience and joined EY Law in February 2023. Prior to joining EY Law, he worked with the Real Estate / Construction Law practice of a renowned Antwerp law firm.
LanguagesRobbe speaks Dutch (native), is fluent in English and has working proficiency in French.
Publications and contributionsRobbe publishes regularly on real estate topics and is an author on the following contributions and articles:
- SLACHMUYLDERS en R. DE HOUWER, “Miskenning van de bestemming bij handelshuur, ontbreken van de plaatsbeschrijving als heilige graal?”, RABG 2022, afl. 1, 84-87.
- SLACHMUYLDERS en R. DE HOUWER, “Handelshuurhernieuwing: het Hof van Cassatie snijdt de slinkse huurder de pas af” (noot onder Cass. 29 april 2016), RABG 2022, nr. 13, 881-884.
- DE HOUWER, “Handelshuurhernieuwing: Het forfaitair karakter van de uitzettingsvergoeding op de proef gesteld” (noot onder Cass. 18 november 2019), RABG 2022, nr. 13, 945-949.