Jonathan joined the Digital Law team of EY Law in April of 2022. Intrigued by the digital space and innovation Jonathan closely follows up on digital innovation and new technologies and the impact thereof on the legal landscape.
Expertise areaJonathan’s field of expertise includes:
- advising on the application and implementation of data protection rules including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Belgian national data protection legislation, including the drafting of related policies, procedures and agreements;
- acting as Data Protection Officer (DPO) for organizations and supporting organizations’ internal privacy teams;
- providing training in data protection law;
- providing assistance and representation in investigations and proceedings before the Data Protection Authority;
- providing assistance and follow-up in the context of personal data breaches;
- conducting data protection audits;
- advising on intellectual property matters and advising on and drafting intellectual property agreements;
- advising on e-commerce and consumer law, and advising on ICT matters and drafting ICT-related contracts and terms and conditions;
- advising on anti-money laundering risk matrices.