Nicolas joined EY Law in October 2019 and has made it his endeavor to help provide tailormade legal solutions and services to both international and Belgian clients.
Corporate/M&A Law and Commercial Law
Within EY Law, Nicolas mostly practices Corporate/M&A Law:
In addition, his competencies cover:
- advising start-ups regarding investment rounds;
- advising on the new Code of Companies and Associations;
- advising on corporate restructurings within an international context (feasibility studies, simplified liquidations, simplified mergers);
- reviewing (commercial) contracts;
- drafting MOU’s and NDA’s;
- advising on commercial agreements;
Nicolas graduated from the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) in 2019 (magna cum laude). At the same time he obtained an LL.M. in Comparative Corporate and Financial law from the University of Leeds (distinction) within the Dual Master program at the VUB.
During his summer breaks he attended a summer school at King’s College London and he did an internship in a corporate law firm which both fueled his determination to pursue a career in corporate law.
Nicolas is member of the Dutch speaking Brussels Bar as of October 2019. He is fluent in Dutch (native) and English (full professional proficiency), and has a good knowledge of French.