David has extensive experience in M&A, private equity, venture capital, corporate (re)structuring, consortia and joint ventures, non-profit associations and foundations, corporate governance and general corporate matters and contracts. He has worked across a variety of industry sectors and on both local as well as cross-border transactions.
In addition, David has a particular focus on transactional work in the real estate sector, advising on both share and asset deals as well as all forms of occupancy agreements. He has broad experience across all asset classes. David has advised on local and cross-border transactions and has lead on various portfolio transactions.
David’s field of expertise includes advising on:
- Corporate M&A
- buy- and sell side mandates on both share deals and assets deals;
- private equity;
- venture capital;
- shareholders’ agreements and joint ventures;
- management/leveraged buy-outs;
- national and cross-border transactions;
- M&A disputes;
- corporate governance matters;
- general corporate law advisory work.
- Real Estate
- Corporate real estate (share deals) and asset deals;
- All forms of occupancy agreements;
- Private equity investments in real estate;
- All asset classes: offices, logistics, retail, residential, hotels, care homes, student accommodation, etc.
David is a lawyer and member of the Brussels’ Bar Association. He holds a Master of Laws (Ghent University) and did an MBA (University of Antwerp). He has over 25 years of experience in handling complex transaction work. Prior to joining EY Law, David headed both the Belgian corporate department and the Belgian real estate team of a leading global firm.