Clément joined EY Law in 2023. He has developed a broad expertise on advising various types of real estate transactions. He is regularly involved in multidisciplinary deals for major Belgian and international companies in various complex transfers, acquisitions, restructurings and reorganization. In addition, he has extensive experience in the negotiation and drafting of commercial real estate contracts, including a wide range of occupancy agreements. Clément also advises on real estate litigation cases.
Expertise areaClément’s areas of expertise include:
- Real estate law;
- Corporate real estate (share deals) and asset deals;
- Private equity investments in real estate;
- All forms of occupancy agreements;
- All classes of real estate: offices, logistics, retail, residential, hotels, care homes, student accommodation, etc.
- Commercial law;
- Corporate law;
EducationClément holds a Master’s degree in law from the University of Liège (2011 - cum laude) and obtained a Master of Arts in European Interdisciplinary Studies at the College of Europe (2012 - cum laude).
Additional informationClément is member of the French Brussels’ Bar as of October 2012. Prior to joining EY Law in 2023, he worked in the Real Estate department of an international business law firm.
LanguagesClément is fluent in French and English and has a working knowledge of Italian and Dutch.
- D. DU PONT, C. DEKEMEXHE, J. HEIRMAN, M&A Litigation (Belgian Chapter), Law Business Research, 4th Edition, 2021.
- D. DU PONT, C. DEKEMEXHE, J. HEIRMAN, The Real Estate M&A and Private Equity Review (Belgian Chapter), The Law Reviews, 3rd Edition, 2018.
- P. DEMOLIN & C. DEKEMEXHE, « Le point sur la validité de la clause de non-concurrence applicable pendant l’exécution du contrat de franchise », J.T., 2015, pp. 722-726.