Your responsibilities & activities
As a Senior Corporate and M&A Lawyer you will be directly involved on client files and advise both national and international corporate clients. Together with the team, you will advise companies on general corporate law matters and on all types of reorganizations. Furthermore, you will support our clients within the framework of national and multi-jurisdictional M&A transactions. In this respect you will be involved in all steps of the sale/acquisition process, i.e. from the deal structuring, the pre-contractual negotiations, the due diligence, as well as the drafting of all transaction documents, to the organization of the closing. You will act as a direct contact person for our clients and are expected to have excellent communication skills. Since the team also has a focus on the start-up and scale-up community, you also have the opportunity to connect with this community and advise our fast-growing clients on all the questions and needs they have (e.g. investment rounds).
As a Senior Corporate Lawyer you will
be joining a team of 30+ lawyers specialized in corporate law and M&A and you will be exposed to wide-ranging corporate law work for national and international clients within various industries with a particular focus on M&A, advisory, corporate restructuring work and start-up/scale-up advice.
You have obtained a Master’s Degree in Law from a Belgian University, a specialization in corporate law is an asset;
– You have 2 to 4 years of relevant experience as a lawyer;
– You are a Dutch native speaker, with good written and oral communication skills in English along with a working knowledge of French;
– You are a dynamic, client-focused and organized lawyer, with a strong drive for quality and the ability to work in a fast-moving and result-oriented environment;
– You like working in a team and you are eager to learn new skills to become an even better lawyer;
– You will be working in a law firm that stands at the forefront of innovation and is future-proof with its broad range of legal service offerings.
– You will be involved in complex and interesting (international) transactions and reorganizations, with direct contact with clients and stakeholders.
– In addition to our attractive salary and benefits package, you will be given room for personal development, while benefiting from the support of our EY and EY Law network, and offered ample opportunities to learn and grow in your role.
– Internal and external training opportunities.
EY Law consists of more than 60 lawyers in Belgium and offers legal expertise in the following domains:
- Corporate law
- Transaction law/M&A
- Commercial and Distribution law
- Digital law, including Data protection & Privacy and ICT
- Employment law
- EU, Competition & Trade Law
- Tax law
- Public & Administrative Law
- Real Estate & Construction Law
You can apply by sending your CV and application letter to: email@example.com