Your responsibilities & activities
You will be working on a wide range of mid-sized and large national and cross border projects for national and global high end clients within various industries.
You work will mainly consist of participating in Data Protection projects, including offering assistance to the DPO and acting as a DPO on temporary basis for clients who need external services in this respect. You can also be included in other digital law projects of various kinds.
You will work under the supervision and monitoring of senior lawyers who will monitor and coach you with the aim of enhancing your skills and further develop your expertise and career.
As a Digital Lawyer you will
be joining a core team of 10 multilingual lawyers highly specialized in data protection (GDPR), e-commerce, AI, cybersecurity, IP & IT. The team works closely with other teams at EY Law Belgium and in particular the cybersecurity team of EY Belgium. EY Law also regularly works with its peers in other countries for cross border projects
You have a Master’s Degree in Law from a Belgian University. A specialization in Data Protection and/or IP & ICT law is an asset;
You have 3-6 years of working experience as a lawyer or legal counsel. Experience in GDPR – and more particular in offering DPO services – is an asset;
You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch and English. An excellent knowledge of French is an asset;
You are dynamic and stress resistant, you are a team player and you are eager to learn new skills in a client focused and result oriented environment. You have sufficient skills to understand the needs of the client and interact accordingly with the client.
You are available to start as soon as possible.
You will be working in law firm that stands at the forefront of innovation and is future-proof with its broad range of legal service offerings;
– You will be endorsing a role where you will be involved in complex and interesting (international) projects, with direct contact with clients and stakeholders;
– In addition to our attractive salary and benefits package, you will be given room for personal business development, while benefiting from the support of our EY and EY Law network, and offered ample opportunities to learn and evolve in your role;
– Internal and external training opportunities.
– Flexibility in working locations : you can work from our offices in Diegem, Antwerp and/or Gent and/or combine with homeworking. You may also work at the premises of the client in the framework of DPO services to the client.
EY Law consists of more than 60 lawyers in Belgium and offers legal expertise in the following domains:
- Commercial and Distribution law
- Corporate law
- Digital law, including Data protection & Privacy and ICT
- Employment law
- EU, Competition & Trade Law
- Transaction law/M&A
- Tax law
- Public & Administrative Law
- Real Estate & Construction Law
You can apply by sending your CV and application letter to: email@example.com